Lentil Bulgur Wheat Vegan Sloppy Joes
Easy, filling, and inexpensive, these lentil sloppy Joes are a quick meal that reheats well for lunch the next day or two.
- In large cooking pot, saute diced onion, celery, and red bell peppers in veggie broth approximately 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and salt.
- Then add lentils, bulgur, water, tomato sauce, tomato paste, balsamic vinegar, and Hoisin sauce. Increase heat to medium high and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, turn heat down to low and cook uncovered about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Taste lentils to make sure they are tender. Serve on whole grain buns with favorite toppings. Suggestions– lettuce, spinach, onions, relish, pickles, cole slaw, anything goes!