1. Soak the goji berries in the non-dairy milk until soft (about one hour). You may want to soak them in the fridge overnight to save time.
2. Combine all dry ingredients and mix well.
3. Shake the coconut milk well before opening the can to emulsify.
4. Combine the coconut milk and goji berries with the remaining wet ingredients.
5. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir well to combine. Let the batter sit for 10 minutes. It will plump up a bit and get thicker from the chia seeds. If it gets too thick, add a bit more non-dairy milk. The batter will be thick but should still spread a bit on the griddle.
6. Heat a non-stick skillet until hot over medium heat.
7. Stir the batter again and drop by ¼ cups onto the skillet, using an ice cream/muffin scoop to save time and mess.
8. Cook until there are some broken bubbles on top of each pancake.
9. Flip and cook (about one minute), until there’s a little color on the bottom.
10. Serve with maple syrup, nut butter or whatever floats your pancake boat.
1. You can omit the coconut milk and replace it with the same amount of non-dairy milk but the result would be a firmer, denser pancake. The fat in the coconut milk softens the batter up a bit without having to use oil.