Total: 1 hour and 30 minutes
This beautiful pancake tart uses cashew-buckwheat ricotta and date-chocolate cream for a delicious and satisfying dessert.
- Soak millet and buckwheat overnight or all day. Drain and rinse.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth batter forms.
- You should be able to get around 10 pancakes from this batter
Cashew-Buckwheat Ricotta Cream
- Soak buckwheat overnight or all day and cashews for at least 2 hours. Drain and rinse.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until thick ricotta cream forms. Add the liquid gradually and only as much as needed to combine all ingredients well.
- Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Cut dates into smaller pieces and let soak in ¾ cup of water for at least 30 minutes.
- Blend dates, the soak water, salt and cacao into smooth cream.
Assembling the Pancake Tart
- Take a cake plate and place the first pancake on oit.
- 1st layer: spread 2 Tbsp of chocolate cream on the pancake and place another pancake on top. Don’t press.
- 2nd layer: spread 2 Tbsp of cashew ricotta on the pancake and place another pancake on top.
- 3rd and 4th layer: repeat steps 2 and 3.
- 5th layer: cover the pancake with strawberry and mango slices and fill the gaps with cashew ricotta cream. Place a pancake on top.
- 6th layer: spread 2 Tbsp of cashew ricotta on the pancake and place another pancake on top.
- 7th layer: spread 2 Tbsp of chocolate cream on the pancake and place another pancake on top.
- 8th layer: spread 2 Tbsp of cashew ricotta on the pancake and place the last pancake on top.
- Spread chocolate cream on top of the last pancake and place the tart into fridge for at least 6 hours.
- When the tart stays in the fridge, some liquid will appear on the plate – just wipe it away before slicing.
- As an option, you can garnish the tart with your favorite fresh berries
- Be careful not to press hard when you build the layers.
- The tart will be quite firm on the next day. If you want to have it sooner, it’ll be messier to cut it.
- Use a long sharp tip knife to cut the tart and start from the middle holding the knife vertically. When you press on the tart horizontally, you’ll squeeze the cream out from between the layers.
- You can build a smaller tower as well cutting out 3rd, 4th, 6th and 7th layer and using 5 pancakes.
- Should you not want to bother with assembling a tart, just spread the chocolate cream and cashew ricotta on individual pancakes and start munching!