Pineapple Upside-Down Cake is a classic dessert commonly made to celebrate special occasions. This plant-based version uses cooked-down pineapple juice to create the perfect buttery smell and flavor without actually using butter. This cake will fill your kitchen with a mouthwatering aroma!
2. Add the pineapple juice to a saucepan and cook it down over medium heat until thick; it should measure roughly 1 cup.
3. Arrange the pineapple slices and raspberries in the bottom of a 9-inch silicone pan or a parchment-lined cake pan.
4. Pour the cooked-down pineapple juice over the pineapple slices and raspberries.
5. Grind the oats into a flour.
6. Stir both flours, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
7. Blend the dates, lemon juice, vanilla and water in a blender until dates are pulverized.
8. Stir the blended date mixture into the flour mixture to complete the batter, then pour the batter over the pineapple and raspberries. Smooth the top with a spoon.
9. Bake for 35–40 minutes.
10. Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
1. If the pineapple juice does not thicken as it’s reduced, mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch or arrowroot powder into ¼ cup of water and slowly pour it into the hot, cooked-down pineapple juice, stirring to thicken.