This festive side dish is the perfect accompaniment to just about any meal. It’s fancy enough to hold its own at the holiday table, but it’s simple enough to prepare that it could be part of any healthy weeknight dinner.
head cauliflower, cut into florets (about 3 cups)
bulb fennel, halved and sliced thin (about 2 cups)
pomegranate, seeded (about ¾ cup)
pink Himalayan salt, or to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place cauliflower florets in a large container with a lid. Drizzle with lemon juice, turmeric, mustard powder, cinnamon, and salt. Cover the container with the lid and shake it up until the cauliflower is completely coated. Spread the cauliflower evenly on the baking sheet.
3. Place the fennel slices on baking sheet with the cauliflower.
4. Bake for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and add the pecans. Bake for another 5 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with pomegranate seeds.