Sweet Potato Beginnings
This is a great way to use any leftover yams or sweet potatoes that you have already baked a day or two before. A delicious, sweet, and hearty start for your day!
- Peel and chop the baked yams or sweet potatoes.
- Combine with the bananas and apples.
- Mix in the cinnamon.
- Heat briefly in a microwave oven. Serve warm.
- Yams and sweet potatoes may be used interchangeably in this (and most other) recipes. These root vegetables are sold most of the year in your markets. Sweet potatoes usually are less moist with a pale orange skin and flesh, and the root vegetables usually sold as yams have a reddish skin and deep orange-colored flesh. Yams are usually very moist.
- This recipe may also be served cold or at room temperature.
Recipe by John and Mary McDougall
John McDougall, MD is a lecturer for our Plant-Based Certificate and founder of The McDougall Program. He and his wife Mary have been sharing delicious recipes with the world for years. This recipe is one of their contributions to the whole food, plant-based recipe book The China Study All-Star Collection edited by LeAnne Campbell.