Easy Potato Soup
This is my soup of choice when I want a quick, homemade meal. It’s flavorful and nutritious, yet simple and easily customized; and it only uses one pot, so cleanup is easy, too.
- Wash, clean, and roughly chop the potatoes. Add them to a medium pot. Leave the skins on for a more rustic result. Remove if you don’t like them.
- Add just enough water to cover the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Simmer until potatoes are very soft (20-25 min).
- Turn off heat. Do not drain. Use a masher to break apart large potato chunks. Leave a little bit chunky if you prefer a more rustic soup. For smoother, creamier soups, mash longer or use an immersion blender.
- Add the miso, garlic powder, nutritional yeast, and herbs and stir or mash to combine thoroughly.
- Add some soy milk to thin the soup out if you think it is too thick, or for just a little extra creaminess.
- Serve hot.