Vegan Energy Bites
Prep: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 Servings
When you need some energy during the day, here is a great nutritious snack to pick you up quickly. Great for both adults and children.
- 3 Tbsp freshly ground flaxseeds
- 1 package of dates
- ½ cup almond butter or paste
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- ¼ cup chopped pistachios
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Coconut flakes to sprinkle
- In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseeds with 3 Tbsp water and allow to stand.
- Deseed the dates and chop roughly. Place on the side.
- In a pan, mix almond butter with the maple syrup. Add the dates.
- Cook until the mixture becomes mushy. Remove from heat.
- Add the flaxseed mixture to the pan and stir quickly.
- Add the seeds, chopped walnuts, pistachios and lemon juice to the pan. Mix together.
- Move the mixture from the pan to a sheet of baking paper. Create a roll the size of a sushi roll. You can use a sushi roller for this.
- Once rolled, sprinkle some coconut flakes on top and place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- When the roll is hard, slice it into pieces and serve as a snack.