Almond Coconut Porridge
Total: 25 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 1 servings
Do you need a comforting oatmeal recipe for the colder season? Try this almond based porridge with fruit.
- 1 ¼ cups unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup oatmeal
- 1 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut flakes/shreds
- 1 banana
- ¾ cup red fruits
- 1 tsp millet sprouts (optional)
- 1 tsp raw cacao nibs (optional)
- dried edible flowers (optional)
- Soak oatmeal in almond milk for about 10 minutes.
- While the oatmeal is soaking, heat a small pan and toast coconut flakes until golden brown.
- Mash the banana (save a few slices for decorating).
- Add the mashed banana, soaked oatmeal, toasted coconut flakes and the rest of the ingredients to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with sliced banana, red fruits, millet sprouts, cacao nibs, and dried edible flowers.