Tex Mex Tofu Scramble
Yield: 4-5 servings
Tofu scramble is a popular scrambled egg substitute. It is simple and easy to make at home with many variations of spices and toppings.
- 28 oz extra firm tofu, drained
- ½ tsp turmeric
- Herbamare (or salt and pepper) to taste
- 1 tsp oregano
- ½ tsp liquid smoke
- ½ cup onion, diced
- ½ cup red/orange peppers, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup corn
- 2 cups kale or spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup salsa
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, diced
- cilantro to taste (optional)
- Drain the tofu well and cut into small cubes.
- Cook in wok or large skillet for 10-15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed (may drain a couple of times).
- Season tofu with Herbamare, turmeric, oregano, liquid smoke and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the onions, pepper, and garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, and corn, stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the spinach or kale and salsa.
- Cook on low heat for 3 minutes.
- Mix well and serve topped with diced grape tomatoes and cilantro. Enjoy!