Red Potatoes with Greens
Total: 35 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 20 minutes
You can’t go wrong with a bunch of in-season greens and the beautiful skin of red potatoes
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 bunch in-season greens (kale, swiss chard, collards etc)
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- Water or low-sodium vegetable broth for sautéing
- Scrub the potatoes and cut into 1/2 inch cubes or wedges. Steam over boiling water until just tender (around 15 minutes) when pierced with a fork. Rinse with cold water then drain and set aside.
- Rinse the greens then remove any tough stems. Cut or tear the leaves into small pieces.
- Heat water or broth in a large skillet and add the onion and garlic. Sauté until soft.
- Add the cooked potatoes, pepper, and paprika. Use a spatula to turn the mixture gently and mix all the ingredients.
- Spread the greens over the top of the potato mixture. Sprinkle with soy sauce. Cover and cook, turning occasionally, until tender.