Spicy Green Beans
Total: 30 minutes
Prep: 15 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Fresh greens beans get a little kick with the addition of red pepper in this easy to prepare side dish.
- 1 lb green beans
- 8 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 2 Tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ tsp dried red pepper flakes
- Water or low-sodium vegetable broth for sautéing
- Rinse the beans, trim the ends, and break into 1-inch pieces.
- Steam over boiling water until tender, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Heat the water or broth in a skillet and sauté the garlic until tender.
- Stir in the vinegar, soy sauce and red pepper flakes, then add the steamed beans.
- Cook 1 minute and then transfer to a serving dish.