1. Cook lentils with 3 cups water, bay leaf, salt and celery seeds until just soft, approximately 25 – 30 minutes on medium / low heat. Strain when finished.
2. In a small bowl combine the curry powder with a little vegetable stock.
3. Heat a little vegetable stock or water in a sauté pan, and add all of the vegetables. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add the curry mixture, and cook another minute or two. Combine the strained lentils, and the curried vegetable, and mix well.
4. Cut off the tops and clean the inside of the bell peppers (save the tops). Fill the peppers with the curried lentil mixture. Do not pack them.
5. Place peppers with tops, and the vegetable stock into a deep baking dish, and cook at 350 degrees F for approximately 40-45 minutes. Then cook at 450 degrees F another 3 minutes, or until edges are crispy.