Stuffed Bell Peppers With Curried Vegetables
These healthy vegan stuffed peppers are full of lentils and curried vegetables! They’re simple to make and go great with a side salad.
- Cook lentils with 3 cups water, bay leaf, salt and celery seeds until just soft, approximately 25 – 30 minutes on medium / low heat. Strain when finished.
- In a small bowl combine the curry powder with a little vegetable stock.
- Heat a little vegetable stock or water in a sauté pan, and add all of the vegetables. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Add the curry mixture, and cook another minute or two. Combine the strained lentils, and the curried vegetable, and mix well.
- Cut off the tops and clean the inside of the bell peppers (save the tops). Fill the peppers with the curried lentil mixture. Do not pack them.
- Place peppers with tops, and the vegetable stock into a deep baking dish, and cook at 350 degrees F for approximately 40-45 minutes. Then cook at 450 degrees F another 3 minutes, or until edges are crispy.