Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies
This frosted brownies recipe has an incredible fudge-like texture, with a delectable frosting, and yet it’s not overly sweet. Amazingly enough, it’s also gluten-free and oil-free.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 5 x 7-inch baking pan with parchment paper. (I use a glass Pyrex baking dish.)
- Into the bowl of a large food processor or blender, place 20 pitted dates, plus 1 cup water. Process until pureed. Add the other brownie ingredients, and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter, which will be very thick, into the baking pan. Make sure the batter is very evenly distributed in the pan. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven and allow to rest on a cooling rack for 10 minutes. While the brownies are cooling, you can prepare the frosting…
- Using a food processor or blender, blend frosting ingredients together. Then just slather over the top of the brownies, and serve.