Chickpea Curry With Asparagus and Mushrooms
Prep: 30 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
A super simple, fragrant vegetable curry that is ready in no time.
- Throw leek slices, minced garlic, sliced mushrooms, salt (optional), turmeric and curry powder into a saucepan and sauté with 2 tbsps. of water for 5 minutes stirring occasionally.
- While the other ingredients are sautéing, prepare the asparagus by snipping off the woody end and cutting the edible part into shorter sticks (or leave them long, as you prefer).
- When the 5 minutes is up, add asparagus and ⅓ cup of water onto the saucepan. Let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup of coconut milk and bring to boil. If the sauce is too liquidy, pour in starch-water mixture stirring at the same time. Bring to boil again and turn off the heat.
- Finally stir in chickpeas.
- Sprinkle some nutritional yeast on top for a cheesy flavor.
- Serve it over your favorite whole grain or pasta.
- If you prefer not to use coconut milk, substitute a non-dairy, unsweetened milk.
- If you want more sauce, just add more liquid (and more spice) and thicken it with corn starch.