Spicy Asparagus in Black Bean Sauce
Total: 22 minutes
Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 12 minutes
Enjoy this savory, vegetable side dish of spicy asparagus with black bean sauce for a delicious Asian inspired meal.
- Wash asparagus and trim off tough stems. Cut into 2-inch lengths and blanch in boiling water for 3-4 minutes. Drain and set aside
- Heat water or broth in wok and sauté the black beans, garlic, ginger, and chili pepper until garlic is tender.
- Add asparagus, stirring rapidly to coat with spices in the wok.
- Add vegetable broth and cook for 1-2 minutes until asparagus is tender and broth is slightly reduced.
- Add soy sauce and serve immediately.