Carrot and Sweet Potato Purée Soup
When I decided to take on a yellow-orange puree soup made of carrots and sweet potato, I was sure it wouldn’t come out perfect the first time and that I’d need to play with the quantities for at least a couple of times before sharing the recipe.
I was wrong! It came out so perfect that I wouldn’t change a thing!
- In a thick-bottomed soup pot, heat 2 Tbsp of water. Once it starts to sizzle, add chopped onions. Sauté until the onions become translucent adding water one tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking. Throw in the garlic and ginger and sauté for another minute.
- Add sweet potato, carrots, vegetable broth and enough boiling water to cover the veggies and a bit more. Stir well with a spoon. Bring to boil and let it simmer until the veggies are soft enough for pureeing – about 10-13 minutes.
- Let the soup cool down a bit, then add the cashews (you may soak them first) and puree with immerse blender or regular blender. Add some boiled water if the soup is too thick.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
- Add some boiled red lentils, chickpeas or other beans to the plate to have a balanced meal.
- Top the soup with a tablespoon of nutritional yeast for cheesy flavour.
- Have a slice of whole grain bread with the soup.