Creamy Spinach & Potato Soup
An incredibly nutritious, filling and delicious soup for any time of the year that’s easy to make and only takes about 30 minutes to prepare.
- Prepare pot with vegetable stock on medium heat. Peel and mince garlic and stir into pot.
- Peel the potatoes and chop them into small cubes, add to pot and bring to boil. Then reduce heat to simmer until the potatoes are soft and fully cooked.
- Add spinach and ground flax seeds and allow them to simmer on low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the soup to cool for about 10 minutes. Then very carefully, using a handheld blender at the lowest setting, gently purée the soup to a semi-smooth consistency (it’s better to have little chunks of potatoes remain rather than over-process the food which can compromise the nutritional content).
- Serve, add salt (optional) and pepper to taste and garnish with pumpkin seeds. Enjoy!