Fresh Mint and Basil Ice Cream
Enjoy this fresh and creamy basil and mint ice-cream. It is made with only whole, plant ingredients. It can be served as a dessert or even as a midafternoon snack.
- 1 cup of raw cashew nuts (soak them in water for 12 hours, then discard the water)
- 2 cups of peeled and diced pears (about 2 medium)
- ⅓ cup of white raisins
- ½ cup of fresh basil leaves
- ½ cup of fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup of water (just enough to be able to blend)
- Soak the cashews in water for about 12 hours and then discard the water.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender, and blend them until you get an even and smooth cream.
- If you have an ice cream maker, you may place the blended mixture in it to finish the ice-cream. If you do not have an ice cream maker, just put the mixture in the freezer until it reaches a harder consistency.