Mocha Mint Vegan Shamrock Shake
Why have a regular Shamrock Shake when you can have a coffee and chocolate-infused Mocha Mint Shamrock Shake? This simple recipe is packed with nutrients and made with delicious, plant-based ingredients. It also makes a great St. Patrick’s Day treat!
*This recipe is adapted from Heather’s “Mocha Mint Superfood Shamrock Shake” recipe that is featured on her blog The Soulful Spoon.
- 2 Tbsp raw cacao powder or cocoa powder
- 1 cup loose-leaf spinach or ½ cup frozen spinach
- ½ a frozen banana
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- A tiny drop of peppermint extract or peppermint essential oil or fresh mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp cashew butter
- ½ tsp instant coffee (regular or decaf)
- 1 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond, soy, or cashew milk
- ½ cup cold water
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Optional toppings - unsweetened plain non-dairy yogurt and raw cacao nibs
- Add all the ingredients except the toppings into a blender in the order listed.
- Blend on low, then progress to high until thick and creamy.
- Pour/scoop into a glass and leave enough at the top to add a dollop of unsweetened non-dairy yogurt and some raw cacao nibs (optional).
- Freeze for 20 minutes to let it set up and get thicker as well as more frosty and tastier. Plus, freezing it helps bring out the sweetness even more.
- You can drink this shake or eat it frozen with a spoon!