Portobello Fajita Stir Fry
There is something magical about those sizzling, smokey fajitas arriving at your table when you visit a Mexican restaurant. Now you can bring that magic home with these oil-free fajitas that are full of flavor.
- 4 portobello or 4 cups baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- ½ onion sliced into half moons
- 1 cup bell peppers cut into strips
- 6 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 medium carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini sliced into half moons
- 2 tsp fajita seasoning
- 1 tsp liquid smoke or smoked paprika
- ½ cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- Vegetable broth for sautéing
- Cabbage and sprouts (optional)
- Cilantro to taste
- Corn or whole grain tortillas
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¾ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Sauté onions in vegetable broth for 3 minutes.
- Add the rest of the vegetables (except the zucchini), season with liquid smoke or smoked paprika and fajita seasoning and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and cook for 3 minutes. Serve on a corn tortilla or whole grain tortilla and top with cabbage and sprouts.
- Serve these fajitas over a bed of greens, Mexican rice, and guacamole to make a delicious fajita bowl.