Spicy Mushroom Burgers
Yield: 4 burgers
This Asian Inspired Mushroom Burger is an absolute winner!
- 15 mushrooms (portobello, button etc.)
- 1 zucchini
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 red chili
- 1/4 inch peeled ginger
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- 2 Tbsp raw almonds
- 5 Tbsp raw sunflower seeds
- 5 Tbsp wheat germ
- 2 Tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grate zucchini and place in a bowl with a towel or cheesecloth. Sprinkle on a little salt (this is to release the water) Leave for 15 minutes, then squeeze out any water.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic, zucchini, chili, ginger and cilantro into your blender and process until minced.
- Spoon the minced vegetable mixture into a bowl and then add the sunflower seeds, almond and wheat germ into the blender and process until they are the size of fine breadcrumbs.
- Add the seeds and nuts mixture to the minced vegetables and then add the tamari/soy sauce.
- Form into patties and placed onto a lined baking sheet. Place in oven and bake until cooked through, approximately 30 minutes. Flip after 15 minutes.
- Serve in a bread bun with lettuce, tomatoes, onions etc.