Sweet Squash and Garbanzo Curry
Ingredients like garbanzo beans and squash make this a budget friendly dish. This curry also makes a good base if you need to clean out your fridge – I’ll often add cauliflower, broccoli, kale, bell peppers or anything else I need to use up. The flavors also get better as it sits, so I tend to enjoy this even more the day after I make it.
- Add garlic, ginger and spices with a little broth to your pot and combine over medium heat.
- Add carrot, zucchini and squash and stir until well mixed.
- Add can of tomato/fresh tomatoes, stock, raisins and garbanzo beans. Cover and simmer for 7-10 minutes (or until vegetables are soft), stirring occasionally.
- Add maple syrup and spinach about 2 minutes before taking pot off heat – stir well.
- Serve with quinoa or brown rice.
- If possible store in fridge overnight to let flavors infuse.