Cucumber, Dulse and Dill Pickled Salad
Allow 2 hours of chilling time for the flavors to merge. Note: this recipe is intended for large gatherings but can be scaled down easily.
- Soak dulse in 1 cup of water for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Bring approximately 2 quarts of water to boil. Quickly blanch the red onions, just until cooked through. Cool by immersing in cold water, and then drain.
- Remove the dulse from soaking water and chop. You do not need the rich soaking water from the dulse, but it can feed your houseplants.
- Mix vinegars and syrup with cucumbers, onions, and dulse.
- Fold scallions and dill into the cucumber mixture.
- Keep in a cool place until ready to serve.