The vibrant color and taste of this plant-based, whole-food favorite made with fresh cranberries will be sure to please at your next holiday gathering.
- 1 cup apple juice
- ¼ cup brown rice syrup
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 12 oz bag fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 Pinch sea salt (optional)
- In a saucepan, mix apple juice with rice syrup and maple syrup. Bring to a boil.
- Add the cranberries and cinnamon while turning the flame down. Cover and cook for about 10 minutes until the cranberries are soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest.
- For more variety, add orange, raisins, apples or nuts to the mixture.