Garlic Mashed Potatoes
Total: 35 minutes
Prep: 20 minutes
Cook: 15 minutes
Yield: 6 servings
Made with red potatoes, non-dairy milk, and enough garlic to please any garlic lover!
- Cut potatoes into eighths (leave the skins on).
- Cover with water and boil over medium heat until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Peel, crush and mince garlic cloves.
- Sauté garlic in a small pan with water or vegetable broth, until softened. Set aside.
- Drain cooked potatoes over a bowl to catch the potato water.
- Using a hand masher or an electric mixer, mash the potatoes. Add back one cup of the potato water and add the salt, pepper and sautéed garlic.
- Add more potato water and/or milk as needed to get a creamy consistency.
- Serve right away or keep in warm oven covered until ready to eat.
- New red potatoes make creamier mashed potatoes.
- If your garlic is old or the cloves are very small more will be needed to get a really garlicky flavor.