Stuffed Baked Potatoes
Stuffed potatoes usually rely on butter, sour cream, bacon or cheese. Without the saturated fats, these are simple, satisfying, and completely delicious.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare potatoes for baking by washing well, and poking several times with a fork or knife for steam to escape during baking.
- Bake for approximately one hour, or until fork tender. Remove from oven and allow to rest until cool enough to touch. Slice potatoes lengthwise.
- Scoop insides of potatoes into a bowl, being careful not to tear the skins. Leave a small rim of potato intact for support.
- Lay the hollowed out potato shells on a baking sheet.
- Mash the potato flesh in a bowl along with the remaining ingredients, combining thoroughly. Spoon mixture back into the potato shells evenly until each half is rounded and almost overflowing. Pop them back into the oven, and bake until heated all the way through, approximately 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and serve immediately.