Black Bean Soup with Sweet Potatoes
When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing better than a piping hot bowl of soup. This black bean soup hits the spot and the addition of sweet potato make it even more nutritious.
- Water sauté the onion, sweet potato, red bell pepper and celery to soften.
- Add the beans, 2 cups water and all of the vegetable stock.
- Add cumin, coriander, salt and pepper.
- Simmer on medium until the vegetables and sweet potatoes are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Puree about 1/2 of the soup and return to the pot. You can also use an immersion blender, to make it creamy. Heat through.
- Serve topped with cilantro.