Banana-Peanut Butter Cookies
I used to make a smoothie called Chunky Monkey with bananas, peanut butter, and cocoa. It is one of my favorite flavor combinations, so I use it here in this recipe—and even without the cocoa, these cookies make me grin from ear to ear.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the dates to a small pan with enough water to cover and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat. Then purée the mixture in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Add the banana, peanut butter, applesauce, and vanilla to the food processor and purée until smooth and creamy.
- Transfer the peanut butter–banana mixture to a bowl and add the remaining ingredients, stirring until just combined.
- Using a small ice cream scoop or tablespoon, drop spoonfuls of dough onto a parchment-lined, silicone-lined, or nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake large cookies for about 15 minutes. Bake small cookies for about 12 minutes. The cookies should be lightly browned on top.
- Let the cookies sit for about 10 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet; they will be easier to remove. Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.