Arugula, Pear, and Balsamic Pizza with Almond Crust
Marley gets creative in his Produce Shopping Challenge by making oatmeal and almond crust pizza topped with arugula, pears, onions, tomatoes, then drizzled with a balsamic glaze.
- 2 ¼ cups water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup roasted almonds
- Baby arugula
- Fresh basil leaves
- 2 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 head of garlic
- ½ pear, sliced
- ¼ sweet onion, diced
- Balsamic glaze for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Dried oregano to taste
- Add two cups of water to a pan and bring to a boil. Next add 1/2 cup of oats to the boiling water and cover, cooking on low until the oats absorb the water.
- Add the ½ cup almonds to the blender with a ¼ cup water and blend until you have almond butter. Add the almond butter to the pan with the cooked oats and stir until they’re blended together.
- Take the oatmeal almond batter and spread into a thin pizza shape on a sheet of parchment paper. Place the crust in oven at 450 F degrees and bake until crispy.
- Next add your head of garlic into the oven to bake along side your pizza crust.
- While the pizza crust and garlic are baking, add the diced tomatoes to a blender with salt, pepper, dried oregano and some fresh basil to taste. Pulse until you get a smooth tomato sauce.
- When the pizza crust is finished, remove from the oven and spread the tomato sauce on top.
- Once the garlic is soft to the touch and the skin resembles lightly browned parchment, remove from the oven. Peel and chop a couple cloves of the garlic and add that to the pizza along with fresh basil leaves, sliced Roma tomatoes, sliced sweet onion, and sliced pear.
- Place the pizza back into the oven for another few minutes to warm up the toppings. Remove from the oven then top with fresh arugula, a pinch of salt and a drizzle of balsamic glaze. Slice and enjoy!