Loaded Sweet Potatoes
The sweetness of sweet potatoes combined with creamy hummus and savory coconut bacon bits, serve as the perfect meal or side dish for any occasion.
- Poke holes in each sweet potato and wrap tightly in foil. Bake at 425 degrees for 45-minutes to an hour
- After roasting the sweet potatoes, slice them open and mash the inside up a little bit.
- For the hummus, I recommend making ahead about 2 hours before serving. Peel the garlic and place in a microwave-safe bowl with the garbanzo beans and bean liquid. Microwave for four minutes.
- Combine the garlic, garbanzo beans, bean water, tahini, lime juice, salt, cilantro, and jalapeno (seeds and stem removed) in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- For the Coconut Flakes “Bacon” Bits I recommend making ahead about 1 hour before serving. Mix the balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and salt together in a small dish.
- Pour the coconut flakes into a large bowl. Pour the liquid mixture over the flakes and mix to combine.
- Spread the coconut flakes in an even layer on a sheet of parchment paper. Bake at 325 degrees for 15-20 minutes, stirring periodically. Remove the coconut flakes from the oven and let cool to room temperature.
- Place a dollop of the hummus on the sweet potatoes and sprinkle with bacon bits. Top with extra cilantro and serve hot!