Curry Baked Fries
These perfectly crisp baked french fries are the perfect side for veggie burgers and carrot dogs. By boiling the potatoes for a few minutes before baking, you reduce some of the starch and provide enough moisture to yield crispy fries that are completely oil free.
- 4 medium-large Yukon gold potatoes
- ¼ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in wedges or regular French fry shape about ½ to ¾ inch thick.
- Place the potatoes in a deep saucepan, cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and place in a mixing bowl.
- Add the seasonings and toss the potatoes so they are evenly coated.
- Place in a baking dish lined with a silicone liner or parchment paper. Avoid stacking them so they cook evenly.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until crisp. Enjoy!
- These make delicious “home-fries” as well! Just cut them in cubes instead of wedges.