Roasted Carrots, Potatoes and Onions
Roasting root vegetables is a classic food preparation method, and usually involves oil. However, avoiding oil has significant advantages, so I just substitute water for the oil, but you can use broth, beer or wine instead.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place vegetables in a large nonstick roasting pan with ¼ cup water. Add the seasoning (except dill) and combine gently.
- Roast uncovered for 40 minutes, then stir gently, and add another ¼ cup of water (or slightly more) if needed. Continue to roast for another 20 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are nice and tender. Remove from oven.
- Use a good quality nonstick roasting pan.
- Let your vegetables begin to caramelize before roasting.