2-Minute Oatmeal Bowl
My husband and I eat oats just about every morning for breakfast and there are a variety of reasons we love doing so. They are a simple-to-prepare, low-fat, breakfast option whether using rolled oats, served cold and uncooked with plant-based milk, or steel-cut oats, boiled and then simmered in water for twenty minutes. Either way, they are delicious with the addition of cinnamon, ground flax seeds and fruit or a whole assortment of other toppings like, raisins, maple syrup, nuts, cocoa powder and coconut flakes.
- In a cereal bowl, mix together the oats, ground flax seed and cinnamon.
- Add the non-dairy milk and stir to combine.
- Add sliced banana and/or your toppings of choice.
- Eat immediately or let sit for a few moments to allow the oats to moisten.
- Use any toppings you like such as fresh or frozen berries, diced apple, raisins, flaked coconut, nuts, cocoa powder and maple syrup.