Brown Lentil Stew With Corn and Green Peas
This plant-based, gluten-free and oil-free brown lentil stew recipe is just about throwing a few ingredients into pot, adding water, grating a carrot while the stew is cooking and mixing it in at the end with some coconut milk. It can’t get any easier.
- Soak lentils for 6-8 hours. Then drain and rinse.
- Throw onion and garlic flakes, broth powder, curry powder, frozen peas and corn, and rinsed lentils into a pot. If you use canned corn, rinse it first.
- Add enough water to barely cover the ingredients and mix well. Bring to boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes. It’s ready when the lentils are done.
- While the stew is cooking, grate 2 carrots and put aside.
- When the stew is done, add coconut milk and grated carrot and mix well.
- Let the stew cool a bit and then add the turmeric and black pepper.
- To shorten the cooling process, divide the stew between plates and add turmeric and black pepper to individual portions.
- Garnish with coriander, parsley, thyme or sage.
- Add nutritional yeast for extra protein and vitamin B boost.