Butternut Squash Soup With Lentils
Here is a quick and easy butternut squash soup. I used onion flakes, granulated garlic and ginger powder instead of fresh ingredients, but the outcome is delicious nevertheless.
- Throw onion, garlic, ginger and turmeric into a pot.
- Chop and peel butternut squash, potato and sweet potato and add to pot.
- Rinse and drain red lentils and add to pot as well.
- Fill the pot with water – just a bit above the vegetables.
- Bring to boil and simmer for 17-20 minutes until the lentils are soft.
- Purée with immersion blender and add boiled water if the soup is too thick.
- Finally add coconut cream and salt/pepper to taste.
- If you want to use fresh onion, garlic and ginger, chop one small onion, and mince 2 garlic cloves and a 1-cm piece of ginger root. Sauté for 5 minutes and then add all the other ingredients.