3 Ingredient Late-Night Granola
This is “Late-Night Granola” for two reasons: one of our nightly routines as we wind down for bedtime is sharing a bowl of this granola, topped with fruit and almond milk. Secondly, I often make this granola at night, or when it can have some “sitting time” after baking to get nice and crunchy.
- 10 cups old-fashioned oats
- 4 bananas
- ½ cup whole flax seeds (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 10 cups old-fashioned oats and flax seeds (optional - the flax seeds give an added crunch and taste, but are not necessary).
- Peel and blend four bananas in blender until smooth and creamy.
- Pour banana mixture onto oat-flax blend and stir well to combine.
- Divide the mixture between two baking sheets, put in oven and set timer for 20 minutes.
- For extra-crunchy granola: when the timer goes off, simply turn off the oven and leave the granola inside on the baking trays for a few hours to cool down and get nice and crunchy.
- To serve, top a bowl of the granola with your favorite fruit and plant-based milk of your choice (my favorite combo is the “orange julius” - ½ banana, ½ orange, some blueberries thrown in, and some almond milk).
- The granola can be stored for a week or longer in an airtight container.