Top 10 Plant-Based News Stories and Articles of 2019
At the Center for Nutrition Studies we are excited to help spread the plant-based message with the world and we’re proud of the work we did this year to help people live healthier, happier, whole lives. Here’s a review of our top stories and articles of 2019.
1) Hullabaloo! A State of Confused Noise Surrounding Meat Consumption
There’s a big story making all the lead news outlets that is the very definition of ‘fake news’. It concerns a new report published in the Annals of Internal Medicine, titled “Unprocessed red meat and processed meat consumption: dietary guideline recommendations” from the NutriRECS consortium.
2) Is the Ketogenic Diet Natural for Humans?
Ketosis is an adaptive state that allowed our ancestors to survive temporary food shortages. Should we aim to keep ourselves in a permanent state of ketosis? Is it a natural diet for humans?
3) Documentary ‘The Game Changers’ Makes Compelling Case for Plant-Based Nutrition for Athletes
This film exposes the benefits of going plant-based. Produced by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, and Jackie Chan, the film not only documents plant-based professional athletes on their quest for greatness but also incorporates research science to reveal why switching to a plant-based diet can be the ultimate prize, both for athletes and everyday people.
4) Dairy Industry Creates ‘Calcium Crisis’ To Sell Cow’s Milk
Optimum health is achieved through a varied diet that includes a plethora of foods; not by relying on a single source (I.e. dairy) that can also make us chronically ill.
5) From Overweight, Asthmatic Child to Thriving, Athletic Adult – A Plant-Based Miracle
A whole food, plant-based diet neutralized Dr. Nagra’s childhood asthma and dramatically improved his athletic performance.
6) Fake Meats – How Do Beyond and Impossible Burgers Stack Up From a Health Perspective?
How do Beyond and Impossible burgers stack up from a health perspective? If your goal is to stick to a whole food, plant-based diet, you might want to take a closer look before sinking your teeth into these beefless patties.
7) A Game-Changing Solution to One of the Most Devastating Diseases of the Brain: Stroke
Research participants with the highest adherence to a whole food, plant-based pattern were able to reduce their risk of stroke by as much as 30 percent.
8) My Type 2 Diabetic Patients Transformed Their Health Through Diet
A whole food, plant-based diet is being tested at a National Institute in Europe where patients have clinically reversed their type 2 diabetes in just weeks.
9) The Plant-Based Milk Controversy & Why Cow’s Milk Should NOT Be Recommended for Children
There has been an influx of debate through media on plant-based milk and cow’s milk, especially when it comes to children. A whole food, plant-based diet is the best choice for healthy living and disease prevention in both children and adults..
10) Results From 8-Week Whole Food, Plant-Based Study Are a Success
Dr. Thomas Campbell and his team published results from their highly successful whole food, plant-based nutrition lifestyle modification program. Read an excerpt from the published paper, “Evaluation of an Eight-Week Whole-Food Plant-Based Lifestyle Modification Program.”
Copyright 2019 Center for Nutrition Studies. All rights reserved.